Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I Just Landed in Johannesburg!







I just arrived here in Johannesburg, South Africa! I am staying tonight at the Twelve Apostles Hotel; tomorrow I will move the to Hotel Mandela! What a beautiful country...it is breathtaking! The country is buzzing with excitement because one of the biggest sporting events in the world, the 2010 World Cup of Soccer (Football) is coming here. The World Cup happens only once every four years, and this will be the first time it will be held on the continent of Africa. People will be coming here from all over the world.

It is a National Holiday today here in South Africa--Election Day! Nevertheless, the travel agent for Mary Kay LTD. got dressed, drove here to the airport, parked his car, etc., just to meet and walk with me to my transfer flight to Capetown! Wow--Mary Kay--what a Company! I am so proud to represent them from the United States of America here in South Africa!

This is EXACTLY how I felt when I got to the hotel room...

So I walk into this amazing hotel called the The Twelve Apostles, and Lisa from Mary Kay Travel greets me at the front desk. The most amazing staff, soooo professional, walks me through the hotel and shows me where there’s breakfast in the morning, from 7-10:30am , where there is a cafĂ© open 24 hours because when you travel to a city with hotels that have a lot of guests from all over the world they are usually open 24 hours because people are up – like I am – wide awake, 2 o’clock in the afternoon est and it is 8pm here. It is very dark.

But I walk into the hotel room – it smells absolutely fabulous. And I walk into the room that is white and beige – two TV’s going on at the same time – of course set to soft beautiful music – same channel, room has mirrors everywhere, marble all over the bathroom, internet all over the hotel – anywhere, this is exciting.




Make sure to visit Gloria's website for more great information on Gloria's products and events!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! All comments are moderated. Your comments will appear here very soon.